If you’re a fan of mac and cheese, you’re in luck! Today we have an amazing recipe for Newk’s Pimento Mac and Cheese that is creamy, delicious, and topped with crispy bacon. This recipe is so simple and easy to make, you’ll wonder why you haven’t been making it all along! Let’s get started.
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced pimentos
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Cook the macaroni according to package instructions and drain.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in the milk and heavy cream until smooth. Cook while whisking for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese and pimentos until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the cooked macaroni.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon on top of the mac and cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the macaroni and cheese is bubbly.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
This recipe is perfect for a cozy night in, a family gathering, or even a holiday meal. The creamy mac and cheese is the perfect comfort food, and the addition of pimentos and bacon takes it to the next level. It’s the perfect combination of cheesy, savory, and slightly spicy. We can guarantee that this dish will be a hit with everyone who tries it!
So what are you waiting for? Grab the ingredients and get cooking. We promise you won’t be disappointed!