If you’re looking for a hearty and full-flavored soup, then look no further than this Mexican Cheese Soup recipe. This delicious soup is packed with all the flavors that make Mexican cuisine so amazing, and it’s easy to make. This soup is the perfect dish to serve on a chilly evening, or if you’re in the mood for something comforting and filling. The best part is that it won’t take you hours to prepare, so you’ll have plenty of time to relax and enjoy your meal. Let’s get started!
Mexican Cheese Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Start by heating the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and peppers and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cumin, and black pepper and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, corn, black beans, and salsa. Bring the soup to a simmer and let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat and use an immersion blender to puree the soup until it’s smooth. (Alternatively, transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth.)
- Return the pureed soup to the pot and stir in the heavy cream and shredded cheddar cheese. Cook over low heat until the cheese is melted and the soup is heated through, about 5-10 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper as needed, and serve hot with your favorite toppings.
This Mexican Cheese Soup is perfect served with some crusty bread or tortilla chips. You can also add your favorite toppings such as sour cream, diced avocado, or chopped cilantro. This soup is a great option for busy weeknights or when you want a comforting meal that’s easy to make. With its delicious flavor and rich texture, this Mexican Cheese Soup recipe will quickly become a favorite in your household!