How to Make Pralines with Chef Kevin Belton
Do you have a sweet tooth? Do you love to cook? Then you’re in for a treat! In this blog post, we’ll show you how to make pralines with Chef Kevin Belton. Whether you’re an experienced chef or just starting out, this recipe is sure to impress. So grab your apron and let’s get started!
Introducing Chef Kevin Belton
Before we start cooking, let’s get to know the chef behind this praline recipe. Chef Kevin Belton is a New Orleans native who has been cooking for over 30 years. He is a master of Creole and Cajun cooking and has been featured on numerous TV shows, including The Today Show and The Food Network.
First, let’s gather our ingredients. You will need:
– 1 pound of brown sugar
– 2 cups of pecans
– 1/2 cup of evaporated milk
– 1/4 cup of butter
– 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
– Pinch of salt
Making the Pralines
Now that we have our ingredients, it’s time to start cooking!
1. Begin by mixing the brown sugar, evaporated milk, butter, and salt in a pot. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly.
2. Once the mixture begins to boil, add the pecans and continue to stir.
3. Use a candy thermometer to check the temperature. Once it reaches 238 degrees Fahrenheit, remove the pot from the heat.
4. Add the vanilla extract and stir until the mixture thickens and loses its shine.
5. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto a greased sheet of parchment paper. Let the pralines cool before serving.
Tips and Tricks
Making pralines can be a bit tricky, so here are some tips to help you get it right:
– Use a candy thermometer to ensure that the mixture reaches the correct temperature. This is important for the pralines to set properly.
– Stir constantly to prevent the mixture from burning.
– When dropping the mixture onto the parchment paper, use a spoon that has been dipped in cold water. This will help prevent the pralines from sticking to the spoon.
Making pralines with Chef Kevin Belton is a fun and delicious way to satisfy your sweet tooth. By following his expert tips and tricks, you’ll be able to create perfect pralines every time. So why not try your hand at this classic Southern treat today? You won’t be disappointed!