This Easy BBQ Mac and Cheese recipe is certainly not your average mac and cheese. With a creative twist of adding in BBQ sauce and leftover pork, it takes this classic dish to a new level of flavor. Whether you want to use up leftovers from your last BBQ party or just shake things up for your taste buds, this recipe is sure to please.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 cups leftover BBQ pork, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook your macaroni according to the package instructions until it is al dente.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Once melted, gradually whisk in the flour until you have a smooth paste. Continue to cook for about 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid burning, until slightly browned.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and heavy cream, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens and starts to bubble. Reduce the heat to low and continue to stir for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the shredded cheddar cheese, BBQ sauce, chopped BBQ pork, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until the cheese is completely melted and all the ingredients are combined.
- Add the cooked macaroni to the cheese sauce and mix well.
- Pour the mac and cheese mixture into the prepared baking dish and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
- Allow the dish to cool for a few minutes before serving.
This recipe is perfect for a cozy weeknight dinner or for a fun weekend get-together with family and friends. The addition of BBQ sauce and leftover pork makes for a unique and delicious dish that will not disappoint. This Easy BBQ Mac and Cheese recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves mac and cheese and is looking to spice things up.