If you love comfort food, then you’re going to fall head over heels for this Black Eyed Pea Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe! It’s the perfect combination of creamy and savory flavors, with a little bit of crunch from the broccoli to keep things interesting.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
1 pound broccoli, chopped into small florets
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the black-eyed peas and broccoli to the pot and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Pour in the chicken or vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
4. Remove the pot from heat and use an immersion blender to purée the soup until it is smooth.
5. Stir in the cheddar cheese and heavy cream until the cheese is melted and combined.
6. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
7. Serve hot and enjoy!
This soup is perfect for warming up on a cold winter day, or even as a cozy weeknight dinner. The creamy cheese and protein-packed black-eyed peas make it a filling meal, while the broccoli adds a nutritious crunch.
So why wait? Grab your ingredients and whip up a batch of this Black Eyed Pea Broccoli Cheese Soup today!